Recommendations for Immigrant Integration
Thank you for your organization’s endorsement of our Statement of Principles. Read our recommendations and help spread the word.
Please take these next steps to advance the campaign:
- Re-Tweet this message or the ones below, or create your own using the hashtag #brainwaste.
IMPRINT proposes the following RECOMMENDATIONS and urges decision-makers to work together to:
- Design, fund and implement workforce and economic development programs to harness immigrant and refugee professional talent by addressing the unique barriers to their success;
- Develop mechanisms to capture information about the immigrant and refugee population, their characteristics, and their economic and social contributions;
- Increase opportunities for immigrants and refugees to obtain professional-level certification and licensure in the U.S.;
- Improve adult education and training through workforce development, community college and university programs to better recognize and effectively serve immigrant and refugee professional students and jobseekers;
- Incentivize the development of mentoring, job shadowing, internship, and other employer-initiated efforts to facilitate immigrant and refugee professional workforce integration.